- This event has passed.
Meet Up at Ross’ Park & Barbecue Competition
April 13 - April 16$25.00
Please join us at Ross’ Park AA/family owned over 300 acres total. 712 Pleasant Oak Rd Windsor, NC 27983
Thursday arrival, Friday evening meet & greet/fish fry
Saturday, Barbecue Competition (see rules below), non participants we ask you to make a side.
Paintball contest on site, corn hole & horse shoes. Complimentary spirits & cigars all weekend. $25 per night to dry camp, $25 per person for the event (locals included). Vendors welcome, must provide own set up $25 per vendor, $25 each additional helper. Please CashApp $arnellmumford. Must pay for event in conjunction with camping or event as a stand alone. Absolutely no transfers or refunds.
Bring your ATV & golf carts.
1. All rules for judging as written by this organization.
2. A contestant or team consists of one chief cook and no more than one assistant.
Contestants may check into the BBQ Cook off grounds no earlier than 9AM Thursday.
3. All competitors will bring their own meat to the site RAW…No pre-marinating, precooking, or pre-spicing prior to official start time.
Categories for the competition are as follows:
- BEEF BRISKET
- SPARE RIBS
- PULLED PORK
- SAUSAGE (Sausage does NOT have to be homemade.)
You may COOK with sauce but DO NOT add sauce, marinade, sop, or juice to meat or container once the meat is prepared for judging. No garnishing or markers allowed for the judges portions.
4. Cooks are to prepare and cook barbecue in as sanitary a manner as possible.
Cooking conditions are subject to inspection by the Judging Committee and/or County and State Health Inspectors. Conditions found to be unsanitary will be grounds for disqualification from this cook-off. Fires must be wood or wood substance.
NO gas or electric fires are allowed. No holes, open fires, or dug pits will be allowed. However, a burn-down barrel will be allowed but MUST have some type of safety barrier placed across the top and around the sides of the barrel. Precautions MUST be made to prevent any fire threat. All teams must have at least ONE fire extinguisher on site.
5. Contest meats must be delivered to the designated judging location.
Contest meats will be judged on Saturday, April 15th at 5PM Attend the Cooks Meeting at 8:00am Saturday for explanation of the rules, inspection of raw meats and any additional instructions and confirmation of turn-in times for each category.
Please turn approximately a half pound of meat, sliced for the judges in the provided numbered tray
WINNERS FOR ALL CATEGORIES WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT 6:00 pm
6. BLIND JUDGING: You will receive 1 tray per category.
Each of these trays will be numbered so that the judges do not know which team’s food they are tasting.
7. All Cooking Teams will also be judged for People’s Choice.
Samples of all contestants meat will be shared with the attendee’s for sampling.
Each team will need to make sufficient meat to be passed out in SMALL samples from 1pm – 3pm. You should have samples of the categories you enter and having additional samples of non-entry BBQ is permissible.
8. Any nudity, lewdness, or any form of vulgarity will NOT be allowed. NO pyrotechnics or explosives are allowed.
Any intentional use of the above by a team will result in disqualification, removal from grounds and elimination from the tournament.
9. Prize money and trophies will be awarded as follows:
- Best Brisket / People’s Choice: $150.00 (each)
- Best Chicken / Pork Ribs / Sausage / Pulled Pork: $75.00 (each)
10. Music, and/or sound equipment within your team area is allowed.
HOWEVER, excessively loud music and/or sounds that interfere with announcements, scheduled live bands and entertainment on stage, or that intrude upon or interfere with the comfort of fellow contestants will NOT BE ALLOWED OR TOLERATED. Offenders will receive no more than one warning from representatives and non-compliance will be grounds for disqualification from the Cook-off and expulsion from the Barbecue Cook-off Grounds.
11. QUIET TIME is 11:00PM.
All teams will need someone with their grill/smoker at all times. Please be respectful of the neighborhood around the event site, especially on the overnight shift.
12. Contest spaces of 20’x20’ will be available for each team.
There is no electricity available at these spots. All cooking facilities, rigs, props or show articles must fit within your team’s contest space.
AFTER UNLOADING PLEASE IMMEDIATELY REMOVE YOUR VEHICLE!
13. The Chief Cook for each team will be responsible for the conduct of his team, guests or invitees.
Additionally, the Chief Cook will be responsible for his team’s compliance with the rules land regulations herein set forth. EXCESSIVE USE of alcoholic beverages will be grounds for disqualification. Contestants must not give, offer, sell or donate alcoholic beverages to the general public.
Teams will only offer BBQ to the public only during the times specified and at the location specified. Tasting Wrist Band must be worn in order to participate. Any offensive conduct will be grounds for disqualification from the Cook-off and expulsion from the Barbecue Cook-off Grounds.
14. Myself or the property owner reserves the right to make additional rules and regulations as the situation warrants. Decisions are final.
15. Myself the property owner nor all participating landlords and contestants will not be held responsible for theft or damage to equipment or bodily injury of any kind.
16. Animal(s) of any kind WILL NOT BE PERMITTED in any contestant’s contest space nor will any animal(s) be permitted in the BBQ Cook-off area, EXCEPT for seeing-eye dogs.[/su_spoiler]